Accomplishments so far
- Formation of 311 functional Self Help Groups & 3 block and 1 district level women federations.
- Eco-Clubs & National Green Cadets formed in 153 and 204 schools respectively.
- 1000 individual toilets constructed in 16 Panchayats.
- 5 community toilets constructed.
- 405 landless Dalit families have been facilitated to acquire 132.65 acres of land.
- 1522 Female Commercial Sex Workers were identified extended care & support.
- 255 children with HIV/AIDS are taken care of with Health Care & Nutritional Food.
- The poor rural women have been enabled to acquire Rs. 50 Lakhs ($ 125,000) as credit through bank linkages for IGP activities.
- Two seed banks have been created to conserve traditional varieties of seed.
- 500 Kitchen Herbal Gardens have been established in the rural households.
- 31 destitute senior citizens are provided complete care & support.
- 15 bore wells are installed in 15 villages of 3 various panchayats Kablilamalai Union with the financial assistance of CAPART and Water for Humanitarian Fund, USA.
- With the magnanimous assistance by “Zero-Kap” 150 dalit women are going to get economic assistance to uplift their economic standard of life through various Income Generation Activities.
- U.K. based agency “Jeevika Trust” is giving financial assistance to WORD organization to empower dalit women’s rights. This program is implemented in 5 dalit villages of Thidumal Panchayats, Kabilamalai Union.
Promotion of alternative health care
- Promotion of Traditional Medicines as Effective Low Cost remedies for common ailments.
- Establishment of Kitchen Herbal Gardens in rural households.
- Campaign on Toxic free Naturopathy.
- Promotion of Medicinal plant cultivation among tribal communities in Kolli Hills for Income Generation.
Empowering of oppressed sections
- Facilitation towards assertion of land owning rights of Dalit communities.
- Imparting vocational skills for Dalit women to break free from oppressive farm Labour.
- Sensitization on Legal Rights.
Caring the deserted and destitute
- Home for the aged at Gandhi Nagar, S.K. Mettur.
- Creche for poor children at S.K.Mettur, Nagapalayam Colony, Chinnampallimedu
- Saving abandoned babies and facilitation for adoption.
Health, hygiene and rehabilitation
- Reproductive Health Care for women.
- Persistent Campaign on importance of breast feeding.
- Mobile Health Camps in villages.
- Vocational Skill Training & Resourcing of persons cured of leprosy.
HIV prevention, care and support
- Generating awareness on HIV prevention among female sex workers.
- Clinical care of female sex workers.
- Creation of alternative livelihood options for commercial sex workers.
- Psychological Counseling.
- Educational Aid for children of HIV Positive Parents.
- Care & support for infected children.
- Facilitation on collective Right Based Activities for PLHAs.
Environment conservation, sustainable agriculture, animal rights
- Promoting Organic Farming Practices among marginal and small farmers as sustainable livelihood.
- Establishing Eco-Clubs in the rural schools, as part of inculcating the sense of Environment Conservation in the young minds.
- Establishment of seed banks for the protection of the genetic stock of traditional seed varieties. Promotion of vermi culture, tree planting, backyard poultry with country fowls for biodiversity & income generation.
- Campaign on protection of farm animals & promoting vegetarianism.
Environment sanitation and drinking water
- Construction of Community Toilets.
- Construction of Drainage Systems.
- Construction of Individual Toilets in the rural households.